Photobucket

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Every Wednesday in July I am going to blog about a specific area of Anna Bowkis Photography, what I offer and a few hints and tips when choosing your family photographer!
Today its all about size!!

They say size matters, and when it comes to choosing images for your walls, it really does matter. As well as selecting whether to choose a canvas, a framed print or a modern acrylic, there are the choices of what size to go for as well.
A good photographer can help you make all these decisions without it being stressful.

In my previous working life I trained as an Interior Designer, an advantage for my clients as I can help them with picture placement in their home. But still it isn't always easy to visualize Billy as a 30x40 inch canvas on your living room wall!

When you book a session with myself as your photographer, as well as a 1-1 consultation where we shall meet over coffee and cake, discuss your session and what to wear (I will go into more detail on this in another post), I will be able to show you how your images will look on your wall and how important size really is!

Think of standard photo sizes? I'm talking 6"x4", 7"x5" and 8"x10". Now imagine your precious photo of Billy above your sofa as an 8"x10". That's gonna be pretty big isn't it?

Er, fraid not!! See how small it looks?



Lets move up to a 16"x20",  now that's going to look ridiculous on my wall!! Isn't it..

Well to be fair, its not looking great, but its looking better than that not so BIG 8"x10"




Ok lets try one more size. Lets look at the monster 30"x40". WHAAAAT I hear you cry!!!
 


Now that's so much better isn't it? I love large art work on my walls and this is such a great way to see how your photos will look.
Not all of us want just one large print on our walls. I can even show you what a group of photos will look like!



Whether you are having a family shoot to replace some art in your living room, bedroom or even stairs, this awesome program will allow me to help you visualize whats works best for you.

I cannot wait to start working on ordering frames and prints for our new hallway and stairs!

Are you looking at having a family photo shoot? Please do drop me a line by email or call me. Lets chat over coffee, no obligation and cakes on me! How could you refuse.....;)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find this blog post useful. Would love you to leave me a comment telling me if you find this useful or not.

Anna xx

Your Life is Your Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment it means a lot to me, Anna xx