Photobucket

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.”

I am a huge fan of dreamy whimsical styled shoots, I think its goes back to my days at college when I studied fashion and textiles, followed by my work as an Interior Designer. Styled shoots bring all those parts of me together! I am also a bit of a dreamer as well, and hark back to what it must be like to be a free spirited child, running through fields in the summer sun!
I grew up in flat in a town!

This shoot was an idea I had had for ages. It ended up being a much smaller shoot than my ideas of grandeur allowed! It was still a lot of fun, and my girls got to help on this shoot. Chief boy prop maker was Lilly, and Izzy was on flower duty and actually came along on the day of the shoot and was my assistant!
 Armed with props and Victorian nightdresses our location for the afternoon was to be the beautiful Hitchin Lavender Fields.
My models for the day were the Harris's. Harvey and Francesca are both professional models, for Ollie this was her first time, and she was brilliant!

Setting the scene with wild flowers, glass jars and magic potions!





 Harvey had a ball being my Peter Pan, and enjoyed being an explorer and adventurer for the day.

“I'm youth, I'm joy, I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg.” 






The lovely Ollie, my Wendy.

“You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.” 





and Francesca...

“All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.” 




“To die would be an awfully big adventure.”

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Would love to hear your comments :)

Anna xx
Your Life Your Art

8 comments:

Unknown said...

A cracking series of stunning images...Might have to get myself on a styled shoot one day :) x

Lel said...

What a lovely shoot, it must have been a lot of fun bringing this together. I particularly like the shot of the petals being blown out of the hands, it has a magical feel without the need for masses of digital manipulation. I can't wait to see what you will come up with next now that you are in HK xx

Johanna said...

these photos are amazing, the editing style, the children - just beautiful work! Jo x

Cristina Rossi said...

Stunning photography Anna! :-) x

michelle waspe said...

These are stunning Anna!!! Your processing is beautiful xx

Kat Hill said...

These are super gorgeous, Anna! Your editing style is lovely!

NIcola Light said...

Wow, Anna these are AMAZING, I love them! x

domestic goddess said...

thank you for all your lovely comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment it means a lot to me, Anna xx